Political Economy Correspondent, South China Morning Post - Hong Kong/Beijing/Shanghai
Purpose of the Position:
The SCMP is looking for an experienced Correspondent to join the Political Economy team. The position will be based in Hong Kong, Beijing or Shanghai.
- Report to the Political Economy desk’s senior editor.
- Cover breaking news on important Chinese economic events and policy statements.
- Help cover major economic data
- Show creativity in generating unique ideas for stories on the Chinese economy and economic policy
- Pursue enterprise stories on key aspects of the Chinese economy or Chinese economic policies, including mining Chinese economic data for new information.
- Pursue interviews with key officials in the Chinese government (both national and local) and in major international organizations.
- Work closely with other desks in SCMP bureaus in China, Hong Kong, the US and Europe.
- Bachelors’ degree with any major with a minimum of 2 years' experience.
- Keen interest in current economic issues, both in China and internationally.
- Ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Be a team player and able to work well with different parties under deadline pressure
- Possess a versatile mind and excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Chinese is a plus
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or click 'APPLY'.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full here. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.