Digital Production Editor, scmp.com - Hong Kong
Purpose of the Position:
The SCMP is looking for an experienced digital production editor to help to optimise and distribute content on our digital platforms. Join our Digital Production team to tell stories from Hong Kong, China and around the world.
- Manage digital content flow with well-honed instincts for audience appetites
- Use data and analytics to make informed content decisions
- Monitor content quality, and edit as required
- Rewrite headlines quickly, accurately and with flair. Adhere to SCMP style
- Schedule and target content to key markets via the SCMP digital product suite
- Identify and implement new content initiatives and platforms
- Use video, interactive and podcast content to enhance content packages
- Degree holder in Journalism or related discipline with minimum 5 years of digital editing experience in English
- Solid news judgement
- Ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Knowledge of China and wider Asia news an advantage, as well as knowledge of global affairs
- Be a team player and able to work well with different parties under deadline pressure
- Possess a versatile mind and excellent communication skills
- Understand best practices for SEO
- Experience with and understanding of best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media
- Experience using Google Analytics and similar tools
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Chinese is a plus
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking 'APPLY'.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full here. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.