The Sun Online, Digital Showbiz SEO Reporter (casual shifts)
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role:
To produce and edit outstanding stories for The Sun Online with a focus on TV and soaps with SEO principles baked into every story we produce.
- Taking ownership of showbiz stories and TV series and exploring all the angles to achieve maximum SEO benefit
- Keeping SEO at the heart of everything and obsessing about the numbers
- Live blogging showbiz and TV events
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the Head of SEO and Head of Showbiz in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles to news/features desks
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of showbiz and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must have great knowledge of soaps and popular TV shows - from EastEnders to Game of Thrones to Love Island and new Netflix releases.
- Good understanding and experience of adhering to SEO best practices
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.