Stylist.co.uk, Senior Digital Writer
Stylist.co.uk is looking for a talented senior digital writer to join the editorial team.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, Digital, the successful candidate will be bursting with original feature ideas, take a key interest in lifestyle, travel, home and interiors, and have demonstrable, relative experience working in a busy publishing environment.
This role requires a driven journalist who is innately in tune with lifestyle trends and zeitgeist topics.
The senior digital writer should have bursting book of contacts within the industry, be extremely well-versed in digital best practice relating to keywords, SEO and user experience, in addition to being familiar with online content management using a CMS.
- To create 3-4 engaging articles per-day, using the Stylist tone to grow our digital audience and expand our home and lifestyle sections of the website.
- To have a thorough understanding of the Stylist writing style and tone, and what makes our digital readers tick.
- Generating unique, exclusive and exciting features and seeing them through from pitch to publication.
- To apply SEO knowledge and experience with traffic monitoring to all posts published.
- The ability to monitor your work post-publication and strive to hit ambitious digital targets.
- To use forward planning tools and insights to ensure Stylist content remains ahead of lifestyle trends, seasonal events and cultural moments.
- Monitoring social media to further understand the needs of our audience.
- Maintaining great relationships with PRs, contacts and experts.
To apply, please email our Deputy Editor Digital, Jazmin Koptsha with your CV, covering letter and the following task: please give two feature ideas (on two different topics) that could run in the first week of May. Include a headline suggestion, what the features would be about, why you’ve chosen them.
Deadline is 6pm Monday 3 May 2021
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.