Newsweek, Breaking News / Live Reporter
Newsweek is looking for a Live Reporter to add to its breaking news coverage and continue to build Newsweek.com as a destination for audiences.
We’re looking for someone with excellent knowledge of U.S., U.K. and international news, who understands how live storytelling across liveblogs, video, social and news sites can work; can think creatively, innovative and someone who is full of creative storytelling ideas with angles nobody else has thought of.
Newsweek is a large global publisher with people working in New York, London, Delhi and elsewhere and growing quickly across the globe.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London Canary Wharf office or remotely from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Report on breaking news and run live blogs on the biggest stories of the day
- Build contacts and sources in order to break exclusive lines on Newsweek.com
- Assist the social team to break news across our social platforms and wider networks
- Develop a relationship with Newsweek’s audience on social platforms and engage more people more often
- Help turn live journalism into habit-forming behavior with audiences and user subscriptions
- Identify trending topics and help distill complex issues into succinct updates
- Monitor analytics, publishing tools and optimization data, identifying weak points and capitalizing on successes
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital news reporting, ideally with live-blogging experience
- Understanding of the U.S. news cycle and what engages American and international audiences
- A track record of innovation and trying new things in new ways across the web
- A bulging contacts book suitable for a U.S. and international publisher
- Good news sense
- Knowledge of media law
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced 24/7 news environment
- Excellent spelling and grammar