Newsweek, Trends Editor
Newsweek is looking for a Trends Editor to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for spearheading Newsweek’s coverage of the essential conversations happening across the internet. They will have supreme knowledge of various social media and be familiar responding to both breaking news and commissioning and overseeing originals and exclusives.
The Trends Editor will be expected to grow new and develop areas of Newsweek’s coverage and edit reporters’ copy to a high standard. They will show sound editorial judgment and a comprehensive understanding of media law.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London Canary Wharf office or remotely from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Lead Newsweek’s London trends team by commissioning and editing various stories based off of social media
- React to breaking news
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Assign and oversee original stories and exclusives
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Forward planning for future events
- Experience in an editing role for a reputable organization
- Familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Vast experience of utilising various social media platforms for news gathering purposes
- Detailed knowledge of SEO
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours