The Sun, Audience Development Manager
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun’s award-winning Audience Development Team is an integral and growing part of Sun Online - News Website of the Year and the UK’s biggest digital News brand. Its work includes social media, SEO, audience analytics, and all other areas involving the distribution of the Sun’s content. It aims to grow our on and off-platform audience, and increase engagement and loyalty. The team is key in implementing the business-wide strategy to meet targets, and will continue to grow to incorporate new skills and responsibilities.
To manage data-driven editorial projects with the aim of reaching new audiences and driving loyalty and engagement.
The role is based at News UK’s London headquarters.
Day to day:
- Deliver insights and recommendations that drive editorial, distribution, engagement and commercial strategy
- Come up with persuasive, data-led strategies that are based on an understanding of the Sun’s content and monitor and report on the success of these.
- Pull together and analyse data, and ensure its accuracy
- Keep an eye on competitors to ensure we're always on top of new developments
What we’re looking for from you:
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to analyse and explain complex data, and persuasively present findings around the newsroom
- Have a strong understanding of content, social media and SEO
- Be assertive within the team, unflappable under pressure, and have experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Have an outstanding attitude and be a good team player
- Be a self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Sun brand, its competitors and the wider digital publishing market.
Flexible Working: At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.