The Times and Sunday Times, Video Producer - 1 Year FTC
The video producer role is at the heart of The Times and The Sunday Times digital content creation strategy, responsible for delivering high-quality news videos for the smartphone app, website and social media channels.
Reporting to the head of video and audio, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of The Times and The Sunday Times audiences – present and future – as well as proven experience in filming
and editing news video content for online platforms.
You will be comfortable working with the wide array of talented journalists across both titles to leverage the knowledge and experience they have about their particular subject into creating the best possible video content.
You will need to be able to engage our readers with thoughtful and imaginative visual treatment of the issues of the moment.
You should be as comfortable producing one-minute news pieces as you are editing
five-minute undercover features.
Key skills and responsibilities
- Build strong relationships and work comfortably across the newsroom
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, a good understanding of Adobe After Effects is also desirable
- Professional evidence of filming on a range of cameras, including the Canon C200 or equivalent
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification and excellent writing skills
- Experience of filming and self-producing high-quality video across a range of genres, on location, often without assistance
- Able to edit pacy, visual, interesting news video, sometimes under great time pressure, ensuring that all information is accurate and in house style
- Able to work on longer-term news and features which are unique and differentiated from the competition
- Be comfortable working in a team on collaborative projects as well as on solo projects delivered to tight deadlines
- Take responsibility for valuable video production equipment
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to your work
- The job will form part of a 7-day rota with some weekend work required
This job is for you if...
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You embrace change and are always looking to learn
- You have a passion for covering news events
This role is a one-year fixed term position. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and must provide a showreel of recent work. Deadline for applications is May 24.
About the digital team
The Times and The Sunday Times represent a combined 400 years of covering news and providing comment and analysis on the UK and the world. We are authoritative, credible, responsible, trusted and a part of the nation’s cultural heritage.
This role will join our cross-title digital strategy team which includes data journalists, newsroom developers, multimedia journalists, interactive news producers and audience development experts. These teams are charged with finding and telling stories on our digital platforms in the most appropriate formats and empowering the newsroom to present stories in new and innovative ways.