The Times and Sunday Times, Digital Desk Manager and PA
4 days left
- Not Specified
Digital desk manager and PA
We are looking for a desk manager and PA to provide professional administrative and organisational support to the head of digital and the wider digital team at The Times and The Sunday Times.
The successful candidate will be an experienced office manager or PA with superb attention to detail, the ability to work autonomously and the skill to juggle conflicting priorities with ease.
Applicants should have expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Gmail and Google docs.
This position is a 1 year fixed term contract. Apply with a covering letter and your CV by May 18.
- Complex diary and email management for the head of digital; ensuring the diary is regularly reviewed and kept up to date, setting up meetings prompting the review of diary bookings; ensuring security of information and confidentiality is maintained
- Expenses on behalf of the head of digital and the deputy head of digital
- Organise travel arrangements and itineraries, both regional and international as required
- Be the go-to person for administrative queries from the team
- Develop positive and productive working relationships, becoming the key contact in the team for Facilities, Technology, Communications, Finance and HR
- Maintain departmental records relating to absence, sick pay, holidays and unpaid leave and liaising with the Managing Editors’ Office and HR where relevant
- Act as a first point of welcome and contact for the team, greeting visitors, fielding telephone calls and responding to any written correspondence
- Help to organise recruitment and assist with new starters, organising logins, equipment and access
- Process expenses and invoices and prepare reports for the head of digital
- Process casual shifts, freelancer payments and onboard new contributors and suppliers
- Organise events specific to the role, e.g. presentations, staff meetings, client events
- Other ad hoc duties including ordering equipment and business cards, processing new contributors and suppliers, organising couriers and post
- Collating work and submitting for digital awards (AOP, Online Journalism plus the general awards)
- Cover the editors office PAs, the daily news conference schedules and meeting room bookings with the team of desk managers across The Times and The Sunday Times
Skills and experience:
- Has provided administrative support to senior people, ideally in the media industry
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft office suite, Google docs and Gmail.
- Experience in preparing agendas and minute-taking and in the drafting and editing of general correspondence and reports
- High level of personal and data organisation skills, with particular regard to maintaining security of confidential data
- Is punctual and is always prepared to put in extra time and effort where necessary
- Is a positive and approachable individual and a team player
- Works effectively and calmly under pressure, with superb attention to detail
- Has an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Has a proactive approach to work and regularly reviews how things are done to maximise efficiency
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.