Build It, Editorial Assistant - Digital
Build It magazine is looking for an editorial assistant with strong digital writing and SEO skills to work on its fast-growing website, Self-Build.co.uk, and other digital platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to start or progress a fledgling career in digital journalism as part of an innovative and expanding team.
Build It is a monthly consumer magazine aimed at people self-building or renovating their own homes.
Your role will be principally focused on Build It’s website, social media and other digital platforms. You will upload articles, update SEO performance, produce Build It’s regular emails, interact with Users, promote content on social media, administer the website and upload the printed magazine to Build It’s digital reader platforms.
You will also work with the Editor and rest of the team to develop the magazine’s digital and multimedia presence – providing you with an opportunity to grow the role.
You will ideally have an understanding of how to leverage social media and SEO, along with an appreciation of how digital/graphical journalism can deliver a strong user experience.
You will possess excellent fundamental editorial skills (writing, picture research, editing, sub-editing and proofing) and should have a strong interest in the housing, DIY, architecture and design sectors.
Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign and online content management systems would be an advantage.
- Ensure all digital content meets house style and SEO guidelines
- Upload & update archive content to all areas of the site
- Produce digital-only and cross-platform content, from articles to video
- Administer User interactions, including Q&As, comments and social media
- Work on Build It’s digital emails
- Support the editorial team at key points in the magazine production cycle
- Represent and support the magazine at key industry events, such as the Build It Live exhibitions and the Build It Awards
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter stating why you believe you would suit this role quoting ‘Editorial Assistant – Digital’ in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.