Newsweek, Events SEO Reporter
Newsweek is looking for an Events Reporter to join our digital team.
We are looking for a skilled journalist to take ownership of our seasonal coverage.
A typical day will see you writing about anything from religious holidays, U.S. focused events, days of worldwide importance to celebrations and festivals. You will also create content on travel, holidays and weather for a U.S. audience.
Your time will be divided between the evolving news agenda, forward planning for events and evergreen features.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at researching and planning, yet also able to spot emerging trends around this beat.
They will understand the needs of a fast-paced digital newsroom: Hitting the phone for comments; and writing clean, accurate copy to short deadlines.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London Canary Wharf office or remotely from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Prepare and pitch seasonal content ahead of time
- Work with editors on the content calendar
- Pitch and write several stories each day based on search trends
- Research and write original stories and features
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of Google Trends
- Experience of internal link-building and other SEO tasks