Muddy Stilettos, Editor - Cambs / Suffolk | Part Time - Maternity Cover
Part time, Homebased, 3 days per week
Award-winning lifestyle site Muddy Stilettos is looking for a brilliant editor for its Cambs/Suffolk edition.
Muddy Stilettos is the UK's biggest lifestyle site for fun-loving, urbane women outside London. Under one brand with a single editor-in-chief, Muddy Stilettos is a network of national journalists across 25 counties helping affluent, hard-to-reach readers make more of their precious time.
We are now looking for a dynamic, experienced editor to aggressively drive readership in Cambs & Suffolk. This is an incredible opportunity to join a friendly but ambitious company, and also experience the best of what Cambs & Suffolk offer.
The ideal candidate is a warm, witty, insightful writer/editor with an eye for a clickable story and an innate understanding of who the Muddy reader is, and what she wants to read.
- You will have an ongoing working relationship with the Founder of Muddy Stilettos, who will work with you on content, style and tone of voice
- You will work closely with the commercial team to develop income via the core ‘Muddy’ channels
- Writing and editing Muddy Cambs & Suffolk, posting features regularly and gaining and growing a high readership
- Working with Muddy Stilettos’ Editor-in-Chief and regional commercial team member to maximise commercial opportunities in the county
- Researching and curating content pieces as necessary
- Building/nurturing your readership on twitter/FB/IG/Pinterest
- Producing compelling email newsletters for Muddy Cambs & Suffolk subscribers
- Regularly checking out new shops, theatre shows, events and restaurants (a car is a necessity)
- Representing the Muddy Stilettos brand in the region
- Urbane, cosmopolitan with great taste
- Charming, fun and unpretentious – you can get along with everyone
- Motivated and organised
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- A team player
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Brilliant writing - accessible, witty, down-to-earth
- An understanding of how PRs, magazines, sponsorship and advertising work
- Journalists, PRs and writers are all ideal candidates – national experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Wordpress and Mailchimp is helpful
- Working experience of social media is essential
- Experience of living in a large city would be an advantage
- You need to be living in either Cambs or Suffolk to apply for this role
Please click 'APPLY NOW' and send us your CV and covering letter.