Taxbriefs, Editorial Manager - FTC (Maternity cover)
About us: Metropolis International Group was established in 1994 and specialises in business and consumer media. With offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Bolton, Dublin, and Chester our Group compromises Diamond publishing and emap along with over 40 brands including Taxbriefs. For over 40 years Taxbriefs has delivered expert learning content and personalised marketing material for financial advisers and accountants.
About the role: The Taxbriefs Editorial Manager role is critical to the successful delivery of high value contracts, with our partners at the heart of financial services. As a motivated, self-starting Editorial Manager you will be responsible for delivering exam study texts, learning materials, and continuing professional development (CPD) content to stringent quality standards.
The role sits within a small in-house contract publishing team as maternity cover on a 12-month contract. You will be managing multiple concurrent long form content projects from initiation to sign off including intensive copy-editing, online typesetting, and proofing.
About you: With a proven track record in a professional, academic, or legal publishing environment, you will have experience of working on multiple print and online projects concurrently.
You’ll have strong traditional project management and editorial skills, ideally with formal training. Experience of managing effective relationships with writers and industry contacts is essential as is knowledge of XML or CMS platforms. You will have studied finance, accounting, economics, business studies or mathematics at A/S level above or equivalent.
- Plan and schedule publishing projects, liaise with authors and other contributors and ensure assigned texts and CPD modules are delivered to agreed schedules and designated budgets.
- Copyedit, typeset (in XML or CMS) and proofread assigned study texts and CPD modules.
- Maintain the high quality of authors Taxbriefs commissions to work on the content, reviewing submitted copy against the syllabi or the customer requirements.
- Work effectively and closely with principal client contacts and colleagues, as well as a range of internal and external technical writers, editors, technical checkers, and other experts to maintain content quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
Benefits: Metropolis Group is committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year in addition to the UK bank holidays on a pro rata basis.
- Health plan
- Cycle to work scheme available on completion probation.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Click APPLY NOW and please send your CV and covering letter with notice. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage. However if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.