Evening Standard, Business Editor
The Evening Standard is an iconic London title that sets the agenda in politics and business, as well as being first with lifestyle content, major news and sports stories, in print and online.
Our future focus is on growing audiences and revenue with a digital first approach.
The Business team
The Business team is at the heart of the Evening Standard with a long-standing reputation for breaking exclusive, agenda-setting stories that are followed by national newspapers, broadcasters and media around the world.
As we move to a fully-integrated, digital first operation, the Business team will continue to ensure that the Standard is first with breaking news across all platforms.
The Evening Standard is looking for an experienced Business Editor. This is an exciting, high profile role at the most widely read newspaper business section in London.
Your role is to run an enthusiastic small team leading both the digital first news strategy and the print edition.
- You will write and commission news, features and comment to build on the huge increases of online traffic that the business desk has established in the past year.
- You will also need to have a sharp instinct for bringing in scoops and helping use your excellent contacts to set up business events.
Skills and experience:
- Interest in business, economics and politics
- Experience in getting scoops and exclusive interviews with top CEOs and business leaders
- Experience in news editing a busy newspaper section under time pressure
- Ability to liaise well with the Editor, newsdesk, picture desk and features departments
- Extremely good organisational skills
- Ability to organise rotas, commission freelance writers and control budgets
- Good eye for strong pictures and design
- Copy tasting, editing and headline writing skills
- Experience in podcasting, broadcasting and digital publishing.
Click APPLY NOW and please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: You will be based at our Head office in Kensington, London, W8.
The Evening Standard is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.