Breaking Media Limited, Journalist Football Writer/Editor
4 days left
- Full Time
Breaking Media Limited, a fast-growing UK publisher with a portfolio of seven football sites including the industry-leading Football Insider, is seeking multiple talented, dynamic and proven football writers/editors to join its growing team.
Suitable candidates will be one of the following:
* A senior football writer/editor with at least three years experience on dedicated football sites. This person will be full of ideas and initiative with a brilliant news sense and a proven track record of how to spot the angle that resonates most with readers. Must be able to demonstrate ability to generate traffic through Google Analytics or a similar data tool.
* A less experienced football writer currently working as a journalist on a well-established website or who has gathered extensive freelance experience on football sites after graduating with a journalism degree or NCTJ qualification.
Applicants must be passionate about football, able to deliver vibrant, clean copy to exacting deadlines and have a strong news sense and ability to sell content in an extremely competitive field.
- A broad knowledge of football, including Premier League (essential), Championship and Scottish Premiership
- Ability to work self-sufficiently, generate own football stories and write engaging and error-free copy to tight deadlines
- Ability to digest information from multiple sources and turn it into an engaging piece
- Ability to conduct interviews with pundits and former top-class footballers
- The role is largely written, but an ability to contribute and produce engaging video and audio is important
- Excellent knowledge of Leeds United, Rangers, West Ham, Everton, Celtic and West Brom is needed, and especially desirable are those with a track record of generating traffic from one or more of these clubs.
Previous digital experience is essential and we will not consider applications for recent graduates or those who have not previously worked on football websites.
The above list is constantly evolving and not exhaustive, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability and commitment are essential.
This is a full-time position that will be based at home.
Standard shifts are five days a week, including weekend work, with starting times staggered through the day for around-the-clock publication times.
You may be asked to participate in a short trial to make sure both sides are happy, before being offered a full-time, paid contract.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' and send an up-to-date CV, a cover note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for our team. For those applying for the experienced position, please also upload recent Google Analytics or similar statistics.