Bloomberg, Commercial Editor
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a tech startup. We work hard, and we work fast-while keeping up the quality and accuracy we’re known for. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established journalist wanting to explore the dynamic, growing world of commercial content.
Bloomberg Media is looking for an EMEA Commercial Editor to work as part of its in-house multimedia Studios team and lead multimedia brand content work. You’re comfortable directing a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, and “getting your hands dirty” as part of a larger team. You have a proven track record either in journalism or video storytelling.
The role is part of an expansion of Bloomberg Media Studios in EMEA and follows significant growth in content partnerships among leading business, finance, technology and luxury brands, as well as large scale projects for governments and multinationals.
Reporting to Bloomberg Media Studios' Executive Editor and working closely with EMEA's Head of Marketing, this is a senior role within a fast-paced team.
We'll trust you to:
This wide-ranging role requires the ability to manage large editorial projects with many stakeholders, and to work across Bloomberg Media's multiplatform portfolio, which includes digital, TV, print, social, radio and live events. We’ll trust you to…
- Take a lead role in the content and editorial strategy for the award-winning creative team, based in London.
- Write and edit short and long form copy, conduct interviews with film crews and event reporting when necessary.
- Develop and nurture a network of writers and take control of the commissioning process.
- Work closely with the commercial team to attract new clients and help existing clients tell engaging and impactful stories that will resonate with Bloomberg's C-Suite business audience.
- Work closely with Bloomberg analysts, designers, researchers and project managers to bring creative solutions to life using Bloomberg’s data and trends for a wide range of B2B and B2C clients.
- Have the ability to build strong relationships with clients and to work within a global, multidisciplinary internal team.
You'll need to have:
Experience in writing about business is essential, while expertise in covering international trade, Environmental, Social and Governance criteria, and macrotrends would be a distinct advantage. The ability to write treatments for video and documentaries is also advantageous.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned journalist to exercise the more creative side of the craft, with the chance to help shape multimedia projects from pitch stages through to execution. The ability to find the right editorial hook, create compelling copy and keep your audience top of mind remains paramount.