Newsweek,TV and Film Reporter
Newsweek is seeking a TV and Film Reporter to join our London team.
A typical day will see you covering everything from fan theories about the new Marvel movie, Netflix hit or major U.S. TV show, to the latest social media conversations on culture.
We’re looking for someone adept at using all major social media platforms to find the films and shows that our U.S. audience is talking about - and discover the next big show before the world has found it.
The ideal candidate will have experience covering entertainment stories as they break, but also a willingness to plan features, interviews and reviews in advance. They will be able to source, pitch and write several stories based on search trends each day.
Reporters with experience and/or an interest in the following areas should make this clear in their covering letter: True crime, anime, superhero shows, reality TV, historical dramas, U.S network TV.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office, or remotely from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Scouring social media and entertainment news for stories and emerging trends
- Pitch and write several stories each day based on search trends
- Research and write original stories and features
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Experience covering TV and film
- Familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Established contacts in the TV and film industry
- Knowledge of Google Trends
- Experience of internal link-building and other SEO tasks