Newsweek, Lifestyle Reporter
Newsweek is seeking a Lifestyle Reporter to join our digital team.
The ideal candidate will be proactive at sourcing original stories and identifying conversations on the internet. They will know what makes a U.S audience tick and be able to spot a viral story.
We want someone who can turn over clean, accurate copy to deadlines, while also hitting the phone for comments, and working with editors to write up stories based on search trends.
Reporters with an interest/experience in certain areas of lifestyle should make this clear in their cover letter, such as home, relationships, property, pets, fitness or food.
Your time will be divided between the evolving news agenda, forward planning for events and evergreen features.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full time position with the ability to work from home anywhere in the UK or from our London Canary Wharf office. Our office is currently closed temporarily due to the Covid19 situation.
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Pitch and write several news stories each day based on search trends
- Research and write original stories and features
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Experience covering lifestyle topics
- Excellent knowledge of what is popular with a U.S. audience
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
- Creative thinking with the ability to think outside the box
- Knowledge of Google Trends
- Experience of internal link-building and other SEO tasks