50 Best, Content Assistant
50 Best celebrates the best restaurants, chefs, bars and bartenders across the world.
Our brand portfolio includes The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants, 50 Best Stories, 50 Best Discovery, 50 Next as well as The World’s 50 Best Bars and Asia’s 50 Best Bars.
As the portfolio continues to expand, with new launches planned for the years ahead, we are looking to grow our editorial team by recruiting a passionate and hard-working Content Assistant.
Operating within a dedicated and international team, the Content Assistant role is an ideal opportunity for a well-organised, budding digital journalist who is keen on food, drink and travel to work on this highly successful and influential brand in the hospitality media space.
Purpose of the role:
The Content Assistant will be an integral part of the 50 Best Content Team. Key objectives will include content management on our high-traffic websites, writing about some of the best food and cocktails in the world, and liaison with vital 50 Best stakeholders. An interest in travel is required as, in normal times, many of 50 Best’s live events are conducted internationally. Since 2000, 50 Best has hosted events in Thailand, Australia, Spain, US, Singapore, France, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Macau and Peru.
- Uploading content in the CMS for all 50 Best websites
- Creating and sourcing digital visual assets for the websites
- Writing articles, profiles and social media posts about the world’s best restaurants and bars
- Contributing to SEO, Google Analytics and website performance reports
- Assisting with event and content ideation, plus talent liaison with chefs and bartenders
- Assisting with the creation of 50 Best’s new newsletter
- Creating on-site content at global events
- Any other tasks to support the Deputy Content Editor and Content Editor
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Qualification in journalism or degree-level education in English, communications or a relevant field
- Well-organised and a good communicator, written and spoken
- Outstanding attention to detail
- An eye for enthralling visuals; any experience with photo editing software a plus
- A passion to learn and improve on journalistic skills
- A love for food, drink and international travel
- Strong ethos for teamwork and collaboration
- Experience in CMS an advantage, but not essential
- Familiarity with Google Analytics a plus
- Language skills a bonus
COMPANY BENFITS INCLUDE:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection Scheme
We’re all working remotely right now, and there’s scope for flexible working arrangements to continue, but 50 Best’s head office is based near Crawley, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 mins from Gatwick and its connections to Victoria, London Bridge, and the world.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
HOW TO APPLY
Click 'APPLY NOW' and please include:
• Your up-to-date CV
• A one-page cover letter stating why your experience and skills are a match for this role
• Any links or PDF examples of your writing, especially about food, drinks or hospitality
We look forward to hearing from you.
CLOSING DATE: 27/05/21
Click 'APPLY NOW' and send us your CV and covering letter.