Professional Adviser, News Editor
1 day left
- Full Time
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
Positions like this come up only very rarely, so, do you have the drive, ambition and hunger to make a real difference in a key editorial role on one of Incisive Media’s flagship brands?
Overview of Role
Professional Adviser is looking for a news editor who can manage and motivate a team of journalists to deliver exclusive and in-depth “must read” content ahead of our competition.
The role would ideally suit a journalist with a proven track record of sniffing out and breaking exclusive news. Talent, resilience and a capacity for hard-work is essential to the role. Knowledge of the UK financial advice market is not essential, but some understanding of the UK financial sector would be desirable.
The candidate should have a proven track record of writing exclusive news and analysis - and have worked in a weekly or daily news environment already.
This is an opportunity for someone who can hit the ground running; will relish the challenge of helping to manage others; and who will get out into the industry to promote the PA brand and build contacts.
The multimedia and news editor will report to the PA editor.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for someone with a track-record of writing great exclusive news for a business audience and someone who is comfortable with technical topic areas.
The multimedia and news editor will also need the ability to represent the brand within the financial advice community, help host PA’s own events, and build a strong network of senior contacts.
Day-to-day, the multimedia and news editor will be responsible for:
- Managing and motivating a team of journalists to deliver exclusive must-read news and analysis for our audience of financial advisers and paraplanners
- Recognising breaking news and the drive to get it out ahead of our competitors while ensuring its quality
- Maintaining a newsdesk diary and keeping PA on top of, and at the front of, the news agenda
- Sourcing exclusive news stories and helping the journalists bring these to fruition
- Building a network of senior contacts among the financial advice profession and wider financial services
- Overseeing the upload of news content onto the website and making sure newsletters are sent out on time
- Assigning and editing news content written by the team of PA journalists – making sure accuracy, house style and quality of journalism is maintained
- Working with the editor and deputy editor to generate and execute ideas to develop PA’s overall coverage across all platforms – including longer pieces of writing, video, audio and events
- Building an excellent, all-round working knowledge of the information needs of the audience of Professional Adviser, ensuring our content continually meets those needs
- Chairing – and helping to organise, contribute to and develop - PA’s videos, podcasts and events
- Writing news stories and longer, analytical pieces
- Maintaining a keen eye on the competition to ensure PA is always at least one step ahead
What we value:
Our ideal candidate will already be a proven editor, or an ambitious deputy or section editor seeking a step up and the chance to front their own brand.
The successful individual will have:
- A proven track-record of writing exclusive news for a business audience
- Evidence of personal dynamism, creativity, energy and passion
- A learning mindset – always looking to develop their experience and skills, as well as those of their team
- Personal values in line with the company’s culture: teamwork, collaboration, inclusion, integrity, respect, fairness and consistency
- Market knowledge – or the ability to acquire it quickly
- The ability to establish good relations with people quickly
- A willingness to represent a brand like PA in a public arena – eg speaking from a podium, chairing live debates
- The ability to present on video and audio
- A strong work ethic
- A positive outlook
- A good sense of humour
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Remote working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Gym membership Discounts
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
IM Foundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others. (Post COVID)
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.