Evening Standard, Audio Journalist
- Full Time
The Evening Standard’s Webby and Press Award nominated audio team is expanding. We’re looking for two podcast journalists to work on our ground-breaking Google Assistant news operation, and develop long-form shows in areas including news, business, sports and culture.
You’ll need to know not just how to tell a complex story in 20 seconds, but also how to create a compelling audio series with episodes of 20 minutes’ length or more. You’ll be a journalist or audio producer with a minimum 3 years’ experience, exceptional writing abilities and demonstrable ability to self-edit using Adobe Audition. A wide knowledge of UK current affairs (and London in particular) is essential, a good knowledge of US politics is an advantage. These roles will require some presenting, so a confident voice is also required.
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to self-edit using Adobe Audition
- Demonstrable journalistic background
- Confident presenting voice
- A solid understanding of media law, copyright law, and the Editors’ Code of Practice
- A wide knowledge of current affairs including politics, crime, business, arts, celebrity news, education, health, environment, technology, foreign news and Royal stories.
- Understanding of the podcast market
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Click APPLY NOW and please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: You will be based at our Head office in Kensington, London, W8.
The Evening Standard is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.