Archant, Client Editor
1 day left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the commercial content team as Client Editor for our portfolio of newspapers in London, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and the South West.
Reporting to the Client Editorial Director, this newly-created role will be key to developing the commercial content offering across many different products, ensuring high-quality standards are met and developing innovative new content initiatives in-keeping with our community news brands.
A full understanding of the commercial function is central to this role and there will be a requirement to work collaboratively and positively with the commercial teams which are scattered across the UK. Effective communication and problem-solving skills are essential alongside a willingness to work directly with key clients.
The successful candidate will have a strong editorial background with experience of managing large volumes of content across a wide variety of topics. You will have excellent prioritising and time management skills and be used to leading a team that is working under pressure without compromising on quality.
You will develop and maintain best practice and workflows with the ability to respond to changing priorities and welcome new channels and technology.
You will ensure that content is accurate, legally sound and positively lead a team of writers to create engaging content that will delight audiences and clients in equal measure. This role requires strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop team members.
The team you lead work from home and their geography is spread. We are therefore open as to where you are based.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Strong editorial background with editing experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Drive to implement and maintain strategy and processes.
- Ability to project manage specific ventures, campaigns and partnerships.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Commercially astute in content creation
- Ability to work collaboratively with people across the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills – internally and externally
- Experience of managing change and transformation will be beneficial.
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary of up to £35,000 dependant on experience
- Car allowance of £4,800
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Please click APPLY NOW send your CV to us as soon as possible and we will contact you very shortly if we are interested in progressing your application to the next stage.
We reserve the right to remove this vacancy once we feel we have enough candidates to interview.