The Independent, Short form Content Editors
- Full Time
Independent TV and indy100 are seeking talented producers to select and write short video stories.
You will be able to write compelling headlines, clean copy and also have a knack for spotting video content likely to appeal to large audiences both on social and search.
You will use analytics tools to gauge audience interest and scour the video wires for gems, before expertly headlining and writing short stories to accompany them.
The right candidates will likely come from either a similar role at another publication, or have experience as a social media producer in a news environment. A strong news background is essential, but you will need to have a firm grasp on all aspects of editorial from sport to features.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Spotting and understanding good online video.
- Excellent copywriting and headline skills.
- Understand digital analytics tools.
- Have a proven track record as a journalist.
- Act swiftly and vocally when issues arise.
- Be a problem solver with the ability to deal with issues calmly and decisively.
- Be a team-player able to work well with others.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of successfully working in a similar role at a similar title.
- Demonstrable experience as a journalist.
- Strong familiarity with the Independent and our coverage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills required to manage the daily/weekly/monthly publishing flow of an editorial team.
- Experience collaborating with editors to grow and increase audience, both on site and across platforms.
- Ability to interpret data and make insightful recommendations.
- Skilled content creator.
- Ability to clearly communicate best practices.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: You will be based at our Head office in Kensington, London, W8.
The Independent is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.