Breaking Media Limited, Social Media Editor
3 days left
- Full Time
Breaking Media Limited, a fast-growing UK publisher with a portfolio of seven football sites including the industry-leading Football Insider, is seeking a Social Media Editor to join its growing team.
We're looking for someone with a passion for social storytelling. Our Social Media Editor would ensure that breaking news and scoops are delivered effectively across social channels while endeavouring to amplify these stories in novel ways. You will help define Breaking Media's social voice and sensibility, while coordinating coverage across our channels.
- 2+ years of journalism experience with a social-media focus in a newsroom or on a high-performing sports website.
- Superb news judgment and a clear understanding of Breaking Media's publishing standards.
- Poise dealing with fast-developing news and the confidence to make publishing decisions independently and competently.
- Proven experience as a news editor, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy, is preferred.
- A broad knowledge of football, including Premier League (essential), Championship and Scottish Premiership
- Understanding of and familiarity with social-media publishing and analytics tools, including but not limited to SocialFlow, Adobe Analytics, Echobox and other relevant software or platforms.
- Experience publishing to visual-first platforms like Instagram and Snapchat, including script/caption writing and editing, is desirable.
- Handle all duties associated with the day-to-day publishing of Breaking Media content off-platform, including Facebook, Twitter and other storytelling platforms.
- Create eyecatching, sharply-written, engaging posts that adhere to our publishing standards.
- Create supplementary breaking news, features (slideshows, polls, pull-out quotes, image stories) and any engaging content on Breaking Media's Facebook pages.
- Plan and implement the resurfacing of social media posts using an analytics-based approach.
- Maintain the Breaking Media voice in headlines and share text, applying audience insights across platforms.
- Work with colleagues in our editorial team to enhance our offerings on Apple News, Facebook News and elsewhere.
- Experiment with emerging platforms and collaborate with our editorial team on packages, including Instagram Stories.
Previous social media experience is essential and we will not consider applications for recent graduates or those who have not worked in a newsroom or on a high-performing sports site.
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability and commitment are essential.
This is a full-time position that will be based at home.
Standard shifts are five days a week, including weekend work, with starting times for this job to fit the needs of the business.
You may be asked to participate in a short trial to make sure both sides are happy, before being offered a full-time, paid contract.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' and send an up-to-date CV, a cover note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for our team.