Debtwire, High Yield Reporter
6 days left
- Full Time
Debtwire is the leading news service and information provider in the leveraged finance markets, providing market-moving intelligence and data on new issues in the primary markets, performance of the issuers in the secondary market and on full-blown financial restructurings.
You will be covering the European high yield market focusing on sub-investment grade companies. The role includes a focus on both the primary market through previewing the prospects of company new bond issuance, as well as writing on existing secondary market trading opportunities and company earnings. The job will involve interacting with a range of market participants including buysiders, sell-side analysts, traders, bankers and syndicate desks. You will work on a small, collaborative desk with support and on the job training.
- Covering European high yield companies writing on both the primary and secondary market.
- Discuss company fundamentals and maintain relationships with a range of market participants.
- Aspire to become a market commentator, contributing to the weekly column and other analytical pieces.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience either in a news reporter role, ideally with a financial focus, or in financial markets with a proven desire to write, or in a market reporting role.
- A self-starter attitude with a cooperative approach.
- An investigative mind and good writing skills.
- Networking and contact building skills.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
Nice to have:
- European languages are an advantage and you will have the opportunity for foreign travel to meet with sources and moderate at conferences.
- Existing contacts in the European high yield market.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.