Debtwire, Mid-Market Reporter
1 day left
- Full Time
Debtwire is the leading news service and information provider in the leveraged finance markets, providing market-moving intelligence and data on new issues in the primary markets, performance of the issuers in the secondary market and on full-blown financial restructurings.
Debtwire Europe is looking to hire a reporter to cover the primary market in the UK and Benelux – two major markets in the European leveraged finance space. The reporter will primarily focus on the mid-market, breaking news on leveraged buyouts (LBOs) and refinancings. The role entails developing a broad base of market sources, particularly in the direct lending and banking space, in order to stay on top of the most actionable deals in the market and its trends. This will involve having source meetings, participating in conferences and travelling.
- Staying on top and covering in-depth live private equity buyouts, from a credit and equity perspectives.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with market sources, particularly within private credit funds, banks and debt advisers.
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge and view of the direct lending and bank financing markets.
- Work independently and in teams, across other products in the group.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience either in a news reporter role, ideally with a financial focus, or in financial markets with a proven desire to write, or in a market reporting role.
- A self-starter attitude with a cooperative approach.
- An investigative mind and good writing skills.
- Networking and contact building skills.
- Tenacity in sourcing and chasing news leads.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- A prior knowledge of leveraged finance and private equity would be a plus.
Nice to have:
- European languages are an advantage, and you will have the opportunity for foreign travel to meet with sources and moderate at conferences.
- Existing contacts in the European leveraged finance market.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.