The Sun Online, Digital Consumer Reporter - Casual
5 days left
- Not Specified
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Team: The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - talented team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Your role: We are looking for a Digital Consumer Reporter to join our consumer team online to produce news stories, features and video on money saving, business and consumer topics.
We need a talented, committed journalist to become a key member of this team.
- Cover breaking news stories, write engaging features, while generating agenda-leading exclusives
- Suggest and write articles for campaigns and investigations
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy at speed
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style
- Interpret complex research or information, boiling down the key facts and presenting them in a fun and engaging way for The Sun reader
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of consumer, personal finance or money saving topics - and the contact book to back it up
- Experience of reporting on those topics for a national newspaper or magazine, online or in print
- Positive with a can-do attitude, who takes initiative and is a good team player
- A strong understanding of the Sun Online audience
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and online publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.