Newsweek, News Editor
Newsweek is looking for a News Editor to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience covering all aspects of U.S. news, from politics to culture to sport. Reporting to the Senior News Editor, they will be a digital native aware of the latest internet trends and conversations.
The candidate will be familiar responding to both breaking news and commissioning and overseeing originals and exclusives.
The News Editor will also be expected to spearhead Newsweek’s U.S. news coverage and edit reporters’ copy to a high standard. They will show sound editorial judgment and a comprehensive understanding of media law.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office or from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Commission and edit stories
- React to breaking news
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Assign and oversee original stories and exclusives
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Forward planning for future events
- Experience in an editing role for a reputable organization
- Familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Experience of various social media platforms
- Detailed knowledge of SEO
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours