Acuris, ECM Reporter - EMEA
Acuris' Editorial division is seeking a hungry, seasoned investigative reporter to join our team in London, focusing on equity capital markets transactions, including IPOs, SPAC listings, follow-on issuance and demergers, across Europe.
If you have a passion for news and want to further your ambitions in financial journalism, we are eager to hear from you.
You will thrive in a buzzy newsroom, enjoying the thrill of chasing a scoop on exit mandates, the opportunity to conduct an exclusive blue-chip CEO interview or flexing your writing muscle in a thought leadership column or thematic, data-driven feature.
You will join an elite team of reporters focused on breaking news on M&A and ECM, alongside other large corporate events. Hosted on the Mergermarket and Dealreporter platforms, our exclusive ECM coverage is evolving by making the most of Dealogic - the premier information and execution solution for ECM desks. Through Mergermarket, Dealreporter and Dealogic, we are consolidating our audience amongst top-tier financial and legal advisers, private equity and VC investors, and major corporates, becoming the thought leader in ECM.
- You will be a proactive reporter, seeking off-diary leads and exclusive stories by keeping a close relationship with the market’s top practitioners
- You will uncover key IPO candidates and SPAC targets, flagging potential transactions ahead of competition
- You will follow and report on live deals, chasing the latest updates on pricing and reporting on the behind the scenes
- You will be comfortable writing succinct copy in a timely manner
- You will use data to identify key trends and drivers of activity and report on them in a creative and engaging way
- You will attend online and in-person industry events to conduct exclusive interviews and build on your sourcing network
Remuneration will reflect the applicant’s level of experience.
- Proficient written and verbal English skills
- Reporting experience from another newswire, paper or online publication
- Self-starter and tenacious spirit, proactive in finding and building on leads
- Teamplayer, who can work collaboratively with a team of specialist analysts and reporters in London and abroad
- Driven and investigative mind that can translate complex topics into digested and straightforward content
- Networking and contact building skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
Nice to have:
- Existing contact book is desirable
- Additional European languages
- Financial reporting experience
- M&A or ECM knowledge
- Experience or desire to take on editing duties
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.
About ION Analytics and Acuris
Acuris, an ION Analytics company, is home to Mergermarket and Deallreporter – the leading news and intelligence providers in M&A and corporate finance covering private and public markets
ION Analytics' is revolutionising its ECM offer by combining Acuris journalists’ source network, insight and pipelines, with Dealogic Cortex’s unrivalled deal data, league tables and data science.
ECM is a very high profile beat, going from strength to strength, as we work more closely with Dealogic. News published on our platforms are regularly picked up by national and international titles and online competitors.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.