LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group (RSG), a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that provide market-specific solutions. Approximately 8,700 employees in offices throughout the world support RSG brands by serving customers in more than 180 countries. RSG is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit www.risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.
Deliver market moving intelligence to a £250bn sector
EG, the most established and respected information service for the UK’s £250bn UK commercial real estate sector, is on the hunt for reporters to join our growing editorial team.
As the trusted source of real estate intelligence, nobody knows the commercial property market better than us. We connect news, data and cutting-edge technology to help businesses make better decisions and grow faster. We fuel growth by giving our people the freedom to explore opportunities without limitation. Here, you’ll have the space you need to think big, aim high and explore more.
EG, the most established and respected information service for the UK’s £250bn UK commercial real estate sector, is on the hunt for reporters to join our growing editorial team. Real estate is going through a huge transformation in the way that it operates, the people it employs and the buildings it develops.
If you’re the right candidate for this role, you’ll have a passion for finding and telling stories about that transformation before anyone else. You’ll have a hunger for breaking news, digging deep into the details and delivering market-moving intelligence to an expert audience with originality and accuracy. You’ll be motivated, driven by the chase, competitive and eager to carve a reputation as the go-to for breaking news and analysis. Deadlines and tight time pressures won’t faze you.
You’ll be equally comfortable reading the balance sheets of the biggest listed landlords on the stock exchange, hitting the phones and pounding pavements to discover new stories and fresh angles, or sitting down to interview developers, fund managers, financiers and government ministers.
Reporting into EG’s news editor, you’ll be helping to make EG’s homepage the only bookmark industry executives need, but we’ll offer you plenty of other ways to tell the stories that you uncover too.
And while the role is focused on news first and foremost, you’ll also be working on slower, more in-depth analysis and profile interviews.
- Writing and breaking exclusive news stories on a daily basis
- Providing in depth news analysis, delivering deeper insight for EG users to understand the market and seize opportunities
- Interviewing senior executives across the real estate sector
- Attending daily news meetings with deliverable off and on diary news stories
- Building, maintaining and growing contact base in line with assigned reporting patch
- Pitching, securing and writing in depth EG Interviews
- Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media
- Attending press conferences and asking questions
- Attending a range of events, such as council planning meetings, events, etc
- Producing concise and accurate copy according to EG’s house style and to strict deadlines
- 'live' online reporting or real-time Tweeting when covering important events
- Working closely with the wider content and EG data team to provider deeper intelligence for our users
- Using EG’s technologies and data products to further enhance copy when appropriate
- Contribute to EG growing portfolio of podcast and video output
- Some experience of news writing for either a daily newspaper or online offering
- An interest in business journalism and the role of real estate in the economy, politics and wider environment
- Recognised journalism qualification, not necessarily to degree level.
- An interest in multimedia, particularly podcasting, and willingness to learn relevant editing skills is beneficial but not essential
- Good grammar, spelling and ability to structure stories
- Good communication skills are essential
- Ability to create and nurture relationships
- Organisational skills
- Drive, tenacity and confidence
We expect and encourage our audience to prioritise ESG, diversity and wellbeing in the way they operate, indeed it infuses our coverage, and it is important to us too. Therefore, we would welcome applications from a diverse background and are willing to consider full-time, part-time and remote-working appointments.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and covering letter.