Today's Quilter, Technical Editor
WE ARE IMMEDIATE
Immediate Media is a special interest content and platform company. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK including Radio Times, BBC Good Food and BBC History. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 82 million passionate consumers globally each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We sum up our mission in three words: Content. Passion. Engagement. Our focus is to help our audiences get the most out of the things they love, whatever they spend their time and energy on. Our people are as passionate about their subjects as our consumers. We’re focussed on growth across our business and are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to innovate.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it’s really important to connect with our people, particularly as we’re all remote right now. So, we’ve developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
Today’s Quilter brings you a fresh take on traditional quilting, with pages of projects, features and news for intermediate to experienced quilters. The role of the Technical Editor for the magazine is to provide a foundation of technical accuracy, from checking or writing project instructions, technical features, pattern and technical information to ensuring that projects are completed and appropriate to the magazine style within deadlines. The Technical Editor is responsible for contributing to the creative direction of the magazine, and for keeping in touch with the technical and design trends in the quilting market.
As the Technical Editor for Today's Quilter your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the flow of project material from designers to photography, ensuring all text and artwork are present and correct
- Taking responsibility for editing and/or writing all technical content, ensuring copy is accurate, easy to understand and adheres to house style
- Working with the Art Editor to create step-by -tep illustrations/ figures and templates as needed
- Providing the team with technical support in the form of sewing items, technical drawing and testing cover gifts as needed
- Representing the brand where necessary at trade fairs, exhibitions or on digital platforms, including teaching workshops where necessary
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- An ability to adapt copy to magazine style
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Proficient working with InDesign and also at drawing diagrams and templates in Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign
- Microsoft Office and general Mac skills
- Advanced sewing experience and knowledge of quilting techniques and terminology.
- Excellent quilt maths and ability to reverse engineer complicated quilt patterns
- An understanding of Today’s Quilter brand and aesthetic and tone
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
As you apply, we’ll ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we’re doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We’d really appreciate if you’d take a few moments to complete this but if you’d rather not that’s fine too. Rest assured, we’ll treat your information confidentially.