Tecnon OrbiChem, Consultant
U.K., Europe, or North America
About Tecnon OrbiChem
Tecnon OrbiChem is part of a family of companies owned by Battery Ventures with a corporate office in Charlotte, North Carolina. Tecnon OrbiChem was founded in 1976 and is a global petrochemical consultancy headquartered in Croydon, UK, with offices in Shanghai and worldwide. There are 30 permanent members of staff, with specialist consultants who work with us on confidential projects. Tecnon OrbiChem provides regular market analysis and confidential consultancy as well as organizing conferences, both by ourselves and in association with international partners.
Tecnon OrbiChem has two major business streams:
- Multi-client Market Consultancy – the company publishes monthly business reports, global market databases and forecasts for the chemicals industry. The information held comprises worldwide supply/demand balances, capacity, trade data and prices and is used as a benchmark in the industry.
- Individual Project Studies - providing consultancy and commissioned, confidential one-off studies on products, supply/demand, pricing, technologies, operations, strategy, feasibility, and due diligence for clients in the Middle East, Asia, the Americas, and Europe.
Tecnon OrbiChem is seeking candidates with strong general knowledge of the petrochemical industry to further build upon its leading positions in the following sectors.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge within a particular industry sector to contribute to the company’s global industry surveys for pricing, supply, and demand.
- The Consultant will follow developments within a particular industry sector including prices, supply-and-demand issues, and market trends providing timely, insightful commentary for Tecnon OrbiChem customers.
- The Consultant will work with other consultants and Business Managers within Tecnon OrbiChem to coordinate coverage of key industry trends and identify possible new areas of product coverage.
- The Consultant will contribute to Tecnon OrbiChem publications and services describing changes to prices, important events and their implication for industry dynamics. These include:
- Chemical Business Focus (monthly): Tecnon OrbiChem’s flagship publication
- Chem-Netfacts (monthly): Summary of monthly market activity
- Chem-Foresight (monthly): Price forecasting publication
- Online platforms
- Promotions/Blogs (ongoing): Highlighting important market developments
- The Consultant will maintain databases related to specific product groups, including supply-and-demand and plant production capacity.
- Confident public speaker; comfortable with giving presentations at industry events.
- Once capabilities have been demonstrated, candidate may be required to cover other products and/or regions, in line with the company’s business development plan.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Degree Level 2.1, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- NCTJ Diploma and two years' experience in journalism
- Chemistry to A Level as a minimum
- Fluency in English necessary
- Excellent writing skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop, source and write industry-relevant news
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to network and build new contacts
- Positive attitude, flexible nature, and helpful disposition
- A quick learner with strong team spirit but also willing to work independently
- General interest in and ability to write about and discuss macro-economic and business intelligence relevant to the chemical industry.
- Ability to work from home, access to reliable internet and communications equipment
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to always maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Business travel for client visits or conferences