Campaign, Creativity & Culture Editor
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
A senior journalist to head Campaign’s advertising and creative coverage across all platforms – digital, print and live.
The Creativity & Culture Editor will spearhead Campaign’s coverage of commercial creativity and cultural trends. With creativity at the heart of Campaign’s mission, this is a significant and vital section aimed at attracting and growing the most engaged audience members.
The editor will oversee and expand this coverage in print and daily on campaignlive.co.uk, including the Creativity Fix email bulletin.
Key responsibilities and accountability
- Championing the best creativity in the advertising, marketing and media communities, and telling entertaining, creative and in-depth stories that further this mission
- Writing regular features, reports and news for the magazine and website
- Identifying new and emerging examples of the best creativity, creators and brands
- Expanding and developing Campaign’s coverage of cultural trends
- Commissioning and curating features and opinion pieces, and identifying new creative voices to contribute to Campaign
- Maintaining and building relationships with the industry’s top creatives, including creative chiefs, directors and emerging talent
- Curating the work featured in Campaign, both in print and online, and maintaining a high level of creative judgment on the brand
- Overseeing the daily Creativity Fix bulletin and growing its reach
- This is a role for an enthusiastic and experienced journalist, with at least five years as a reporter or section editor on established publications/websites.
- An understanding of the dynamics of the advertising and creative industry and a knowledge of the major players is essential.
The key skills required for the role are the ability to:
- Build and maintain important contacts throughout the advertising and creative industry (both senior executives and rising stars)
- Generate exclusive stories
- Write fast, crisp, accurate copy
- Provide original insight into the key developments in the advertising and creative sector
- Use analytics and real-time data to shape content strategy
- The ability to present and interview on stage, on audio and on video would also be a significant advantage.
- Editorial integrity is vital to report rigorously and fairly on companies that may happen to be commercial partners of Campaign.
- Write for Campaign’s site in the UK, delivering exclusive stories and covering key developments in the advertising and creative industry – including those which will be re-produced on, or adapted for, Campaign sites around the world.
- Edit, commission and write content for a daily creativity email bulletin in the UK, ensuring there is new content each weekday and the bulletin goes out in a timely fashion.
- Work with the news editor and other colleagues to ensure there is fresh and interesting content about creativity and/or culture across Campaign’s suite of bulletins each day.
- Edit, commission and write content about creativity and culture for the print edition of Campaign in the UK.
- Oversee The Work, Campaign’s online archive of the best ads from the UK, developing it as a destination for UK creatives looking for inspiration and driving logged in users to the site
- Ensure creativity content helps to drive Campaign’s strategy of growing its known audience, including logged-in users
- Advise the Intelligence Editor on Campaign AI
- Generate a constant stream of ideas for fresh content and new editorially-driven products to serve the advertising and creativity community.
- Play a leading role in the development of the content for all live UK events serving the advertising and creativity industry, including working with commercial, Content Labs, events and awards teams.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!
Click 'APPLY' now.