The National, Multimedia Producer
The National was founded in 2008 setting a new standard for quality journalism in the Middle East. Each day The National reaches an influential audience across the country, covering the best in news while leading the region in analytical content and commentary. The National is committed to serving the local community with a strong international perspective.
In its nine year history, The National has developed a reputation as a leading provider of news about the UAE and the region beyond. IMI’s aim is to strengthen and diversify The National’s journalism and broaden its appeal here and beyond, and across all digital platforms utilising the latest multimedia tools - while producing an expanded, redesigned print edition. The National will be the place to go to understand the Middle East at a time when the region has never been more important.
The National are looking for a Multimedia Producer who will be responsible for creating videos and audio output / stories for our audience.
- Multimedia Producer is responsible for recording and editing multimedia projects quickly, accurately and to the highest journalistic standards.
- Ability to speak and read Arabic to produce content that enhances The National's digital presence and outreach.
- Willingness to work as part of a team alongside dedicated homepage specialists and reporting staff that operates late shifts and at weekends.
- Reviews raw footage coming in from news agencies and prepares edits as required by section heads and online editors.
- Prepares edits for social media video.
- Responds quickly to breaking news.
- Creative remit to generate original, Middle East relevant content.
- Active participant in newsroom to maximise audience reach.
- Continuously advocates for multimedia projects within the context of editorial proposals, especially in light of The National's digital focus.
- Works with Multimedia Editor to build and improve storytelling and technical skills.
- Respects the editorial guidelines of The National, avoiding circumstances in which the brand could be brought into disrepute.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premier Pro.
- Proficiency with video cameras, lighting, audio equipment.
- Working experience in Photoshop and Brightcove.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and Java script.
- Previous experiences in the same function within a large or fast-paced set-up.
- Experience of reading analytics and applying data to digital platforms.
- Flexibility to travel and work shift patterns.
- Experience of working in online news.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Please note this role will be based in London, will involve working shifts, and the successful candidate must already have the right to work in the UK.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.