AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £65.2 billion and more than 346,700 clients. Our award winning products include Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts.
Shares magazine was launched in 1999 and has been owned by AJ Bell since 2012. Individuals read Shares magazine to stay abreast of the markets, spot investment opportunities across stocks, funds and bonds, and learn how to make the most of their money. Our readers include but are not limited to AJ Bell customers.
Are you an enthusiastic journalist with the skills to write for a consumer audience about investing and all the interesting companies on the stock market?
AJ Bell-owned Shares digital magazine and website has a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about helping people better manage their money. AJ Bell was voted one of ‘The 100 Best Companies to work for’ in 2021. Now’s your chance to join the team.
The Reporter role includes interviewing chief executives of large and small companies, fund managers, financial experts, analysts and more about a wide range of topics including:
- What makes a business tick
- How fund managers pick investments and what makes their fund stand out from the crowd
- How to build and manage a portfolio of stocks, funds, bonds and more
The role is a mixture of business reporting, personal finance features and analysing companies and funds. We’re looking for someone who excels at writing educational articles, can quickly spot news angles and has their finger on the pulse of the markets.
We want someone who is good at multi-tasking and ready to take on additional challenges such as contributing to podcasts and videos.
The successful candidate would have an opportunity to learn from a highly experienced team of journalists and experts within the broader AJ Bell group.
- Suitable candidates include financial, investment or business journalists ideally with experience of writing about companies on the stock market or funds via the national or trade press, or a specialist investment title. We will also consider individuals with professional experience writing for asset management companies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, alongside good numeracy skills
- Ability to work from 8am at least twice a week
- Knowledge of the UK stock market and/or investing is highly desirable
In return you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted private healthcare
- Death in service benefit
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Volunteering days
- Discounted investment charges
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
Click 'APPLY' now.