Barcroft Studios, Editorial Producer - 12 month FTC
Barcroft Studios produces a series of hit digital shows which run across all the major digital platforms, amassing millions of views on Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat. The editorial team is responsible for finding and producing the stories that populate these series. We have millions of viewers across the globe and the purpose of this role is to find and produce the stories that will keep them coming back to our channel.
- Researching original, inspiring real life stories that will appear in our hit series and resonate with Barcroft’s young, passionate audience.
- Producing these stories, seeing them through from the initial idea to a finished film.
- Co-producing entire series runs of our shows, ensuring that every episode is compelling, surprising, and inspiring, and that each series features a wide range of stories and contributors.
- Managing every step of the production of your stories - from pitching them, to writing shooting §, edit scripts and the final news copy that will accompany your story.
- Pitching in new ideas that will keep our series refreshed and exciting. Providing exciting lists for every conference but also thinking about bigger ideas that could lead to new series launches.
- Ensuring you hit both deadlines and production targets. We currently publish 9 new episodes every week and have to hit, or exceed, our production targets.
- Ensuring all paperwork is in place for every story - every contributor and location must be covered by a signed release form, saved to the story’s job folder.
What Do I Need To Succeed
- A passion for finding, and producing, previously untold amazing true stories.
- To be hugely organised and detail focused - you will be juggling a large number of stories at various stages of the production process.
- To be a team player with a strong desire to learn and develop.
- The drive to succeed in a hugely creative, but pressurised, environment.
- This job would be ideal for someone with a journalistic background who is looking to move into digital video production.
What will I get in return?
- As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Complete flexibility to work from home however you can chose to work in one of our offices when they reopen!
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
Click APPLY NOW to visit our site and please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers. them to grow and flourish in their careers