ESG Investor, News Editor
News editor, ESG Investor – London/UK
ESG Investor (www.esginvestor.net) is looking for a news editor to join our London-based editorial team, as part of our ongoing expansion following a successful launch.
Working closely with our existing team, you will take day-to-day responsibility for ESG Investor’s news output, serving two weekly newsletters. This will involve breaking news and explaining relevant regulatory and market developments simply and clearly to our core audience of asset owners and managers. It will be important to nurture a wide range of contacts globally from which to source off-diary news and expert insights.
ESG Investor has quickly established itself as a respected title focused on the practical information needs of asset owners as they develop sustainability and impact-focused investment strategies. Through news, features, webinars and special reports, we are dedicated to in-depth coverage of how asset owners are factoring environmental, social and governance issues into their policies and processes. As the news flow on ESG-related themes increases, you must be skilled in identifying the stories and angles of most interest to our core audience.
While the key priority for this role is to bolster daily written news output, there is considerable scope for growth as ESG Investor expands is value proposition to readers and partner organisations.
You will be adept at using social media to engage, source and break stories – and can expect to be a key part of the ongoing conversation with readers and sponsors, both to help grow the visibility of brand and to become a recognised expert in your field. As part of a dynamic, international team, working both autonomously and collaboratively is a key requisite.
- Daily responsibility for setting the news agenda, based on keen understanding of relevant regulatory and market developments
- Briefing colleagues on stories and angles, including providing ideas for sources
- Preparing / managing news coverage for two weekly newsletters
- Sourcing and researching daily news items and producing clean, accurate copy to tight deadlines
- Building and nurturing an international network of industry contacts, including by attending events
- Contributing to highly active / engaging social media presence and ongoing development of web channels
- Collaborating with editorial / analytics colleagues to generate and develop in-depth content across diverse formats and topics
Skills and behaviours we look for:
- 5-7 years’ experience covering news/reporting
- Degree level education; ideally with journalism qualification
- Knowledge or interest in financial markets and preference for prior financial regulatory experience; understanding of ESG investing space
- An inquisitive mind and capacity for commitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working directly with CMS tools
- Strong social media expertise including appropriate platforms for content distribution
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other European languages would be an advantage
- Passionate, curious, high-performing, accountable team players
We offer a friendly and supportive atmosphere and a unique chance to join a small but fast growing stable of publications run by inAsia Media.
Click 'APPLY NOW' and send us your CV and cover letter, please include salary expectations on application.
About ESG Investor
ESG Investor is a fast-growing title focused on the information needs of asset owners as they seek to incorporate environmental, social and governance factors into their investment strategies. ESG Investor offers news, features and multi-media content covering regulatory developments and industry initiatives in the ESG space, and traced the development of best practice by asset owners with reference to their use of funds, data, technology and related tools and services.
About inAsia Media
inAsia Media is a global publishing business, founded 10 years ago, headquartered in Singapore. With titles such as Regulation Asia and RMB Week as well as ESG Investor and RegWire service – the company reaches a network of over 10,000 globally, helping track the latest financial developments. The business regularly hosts podcasts, webinars and events across its product suite – as well as hosting awards.
inAsia Media Benefits Package
inAsia Media offers competitive salaries and benefits, and is an equal opportunity employer.