The Key, Content Writer (Education/Ed-tech Sector)
Content Writer | Located close to one of our offices in London, Norwich or Bristol | Up to £30,000 dependent on experience | Full-time or part-time, permanent
Are you looking for a content role in a fast-growing business where people are at the heart of everything we do? Would you like to develop specialist knowledge of the education sector and use it to help over 30,000 school governors take decisive action in their schools?
The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
We are looking for a creative individual with strong writing skills to join us as a digital content writer for our market-leading support services. As a content writer you will research, write and maintain practical and engaging articles and design and create training content to meet the needs of school governors, academy trustees and other school leaders. You will:
- Support lead content editors with a strong pipeline of content ideas based on a clear understanding of user needs, and intelligent decision making
- Carry out user research, as appropriate, to better understand members’ needs and how they use our products
- Research and write authoritative and practical articles to address the wide range of issues faced in schools today, combining rigorous desk research with use of authoritative sources from inside and outside the education sector, and internal expertise
- Develop and write practical, bitesize training content for a variety of governance roles, leaning on multimedia content where relevant.
The ideal person
- Have first-class research and writing skills, and experience in creating high-impact, practical digital content
- Be able to research any topic quickly and effectively, gaining a good level of expertise
- Have a creative spark and strong commercial intuition to spot opportunities for high-impact content
- Be passionate and empathetic towards the needs of the school sector.
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
We're serious about flexibility, so if you would like to work part time, or more flexibly in any way please get in touch and we will accommodate where we can.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work in our content team, check out this blog from one of our content writers.
How to apply
More information on the role, company and how to apply can be found here: https://thekeysupport.com/careers/
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Sunday 13th June.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any step of the recruitment process, including telephone/video interviews, written tasks and face-to-face interviews.