Aceville, Content Creator (Grow Your Own magazine)
A fantastic opportunity for a bright, innovative Content Creator to join the editorial team on Grow Your Own and to become a part of this brand's growth across print and digital media, as well as podcasting. This is a varied role and would see the right candidate thrive in this fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You'll have first-rate feature writing abilities, the ability to multitask and prioritise a dynamic workload, and be highly organised, driven and knowledgeable. You'll feel energised by a fast-paced environment and are able to work with multiple departments to ensure the smooth and creative delivery of products and projects. No two days will ever be the same – flexibility and enthusiasm are intrinsic to success in this role. A passion for gardening and nature is also a must. Print journalism and digital content experience is required; this is a senior editorial position and you will manage a member of staff.
Hungry for an opportunity that brings variety, creativity and buckets of growth potential? This one's for you.
- Research, write, collate and sign-off editorial, commercial and promotional content for Grow Your Own, spanning various projects, platforms (print and digital) and briefs, to multiple deadlines
- Be central to the development and content of Grow Your Own brand extensions, including The Dirt podcast, The Grow Show and The Great British Growing Awards
- Manage and drive the strategy of promotional magazine polybags
- Commission and brief experts and contributors for content in print and online
- Develop, grow and manage websites, e-newsletters and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Build and nurture relationships with PRs, contributors, advertisers and other external contacts
- Oversee and line manage junior staff and interns
- Perform other tasks delegated by the Head of Editorial (Lifestyle) and Editor to support the wider departments, when required
What we're looking for...
Creativity: You're a versatile and accomplished content creator for both print and online, always seeking innovation and excellence.
Enthusiasm: Where there's a will, there's a way. You bring shed-loads of enthusiasm to everything you do.
Passion: You get enormous satisfaction from a job well done; only perfect will do – you're a nitpicker and proud of it. Seeing audiences soar and engagement skyrocket is what propels you forward.
Reliability: You always deliver and can be counted on to self-motivate and exceed your own goals.
Curiosity: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. We want the very best from you – take every opportunity and squeeze out every ounce of knowledge.
Collaboration: You're able to work with multiple departments to ensure the smooth and creative delivery of products and projects.
Agility: Nothing phases you. You're able to pivot between editorial, promotional and commercial tasks effortlessly, and react quickly to plans changing or priorities shifting. No two days are ever the same, and you wouldn't have it any other way.
Click APPLY to visit our site and please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position, based in our Colchester office. We are open to considering remote working, but there would be a requirement for some monthly attendance at our Colchester offices. We pride ourselves on putting people first. This role is exposed to an incredible array of departments and upskilling opportunities, making progression easy for someone who is motivated to succeed. We'll work with you to develop and progress your career based on what you enjoy. Plus, as part of DC Thomson Media, we offer a competitive package of benefits to support your personal and professional development. This includes a healthcare cash plan, pension scheme and mental health support.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Thursday 17th June 2021