Aceville, Content Writer
1 day left
- Full Time
Do you have what it takes to join the Special Projects Hub? If you have proven experience in consumer journalism or creative writing, are as passionate about print as you are online journalism and want to work in a fast-paced environment across the Aceville portfolio, then you could be just what we are looking for.
The Content Writer role is an entry-level position as part of a small, dedicated team that serves the entirety of the Aceville brand portfolio.
The ideal candidate will need to be flexible and able to pivot seamlessly between projects and tasks at a moment's notice, and will thrive on working in a dynamic department where no two days are the same.
Key Duties Include:
- Support the Content Creator and Editor in the production of bookazines, supplements and contract publications, including collating and updating repurposed copy according to approved templates
- Research and write two weekly blogs for our contract client
- Organise and attend photoshoots
- Sub craft projects to design templates
- Proofread and amend copy using InCopy, for contract client and other publications in the Aceville portfolio
- Create sharable and SEO-friendly copy for magazine websites and projects
- Carry out a variety of routine administration tasks, including updating content spreadsheets for past and future bookazines, collecting and logging craft projects
- Ensure the upkeep of production systems and other organisational devices to facilitate smooth content creation
- Perform any other tasks delegated by the Editor or Deputy Editor to facilitate production of magazines and projects
- Organise, research and write features to tight deadlines, and see these pages through all stages of production alongside the Content Creator and Editor
- Attend relevant consumer and trade shows as necessary
- Dealing with and responding to reader queries
- Liaising with design, ad and web departments
Creativity: You get a kick from coming up with ideas for features, blogs and design layouts, always seeking innovation and excellence.
Enthusiasm: Where there's a will, there's a way. You bring shed-loads of enthusiasm to everything you do.
Passion: You get enormous satisfaction from a job well done; only perfect will do – you're a nitpicker and proud of it. Seeing audiences soar and engagement skyrocket is what propels you forward.
Reliability: You always deliver and can be counted on to self-motivate and exceed your own goals.
Curiosity: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. We want the very best from you – take every opportunity and squeeze out every ounce of knowledge.
Collaboration: You're able to work with multiple departments to ensure the smooth and creative delivery of products and projects.
Agility: Nothing phases you. You're able to pivot between tasks effortlessly, and react quickly to plans changing or priorities shifting. No two days are ever the same, and you wouldn't have it any other way.
What we'll do for you...
We pride ourselves on putting people first. This role is exposed to an incredible array of departments and upskilling opportunities, making progression easy for someone who is motivated to succeed. We'll work with you to develop and progress your career based on what you enjoy.
Click APPLY to visit our site and please follow our online application process and submit two examples of your work, a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position, based in our Colchester office. We offer a generous package including: healthcare cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021