MT Newswires, Global Commodities Editors and Reporters
MT Newswires (www.mtnewswires.com), a leading real time global markets financial news publisher, is seeking energetic and experienced commodities journalists and editors right away!
This is a telecommute position for EXPERIENCED COMMODITIES NEWS EDITORS & JOURNALISTS who have covered any of the following:
- Soft Commodities: Coffee, Sugar, Cocoa
- Energy Commodities: Oil, natural gas, gasoline, refined products
- Ags: Wheat, Corn, Soy
There are currently several openings for these telecommute (part or full-time) freelance writing and editing positions.
ABOUT MT NEWSWIRES:
Founded in 1999, MT Newswires (a division of MidnightTrader, Inc.) is a leading real-time multi-asset class financial newswire headquartered in Washington, DC. The Company is growing rapidly and looking for experienced and energetic editors and reporters to be part of an experienced, industry-leading team of business journalists covering in-depth commodity news around the globe.
TELECOMMUTE JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position involves writing in depth and analytical commodities news stories using the reporters own industry experts and contacts as sources. In depth familiarity and extensive experience in commodities journalism is required. Experience at other commodity news or research services (Platts, Argus, S&P, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc.) is a big plus.
Stories are carried on the MTNewswires.com site and syndicated to other major market data platforms and large financial institutions.
- Experience writing top commodities and financial market news for a business and/or financial publication;
- Newsgathering and writing in a real-time environment for a demanding readership that pays close attention to what you produce and uses it as significant input into high-value commercial decisions;
- Analysis of market-relevant fundamentals data and the ability to draw out strong narratives concerning market trends and potential market changes;
- Price identification and compelling market commentary through building on existing and developing new networks of trading and broking contacts;
- Access to a computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection.
Pay is on the high end of the industry scale and while freelance, provides a regular and reliable monthly income with significant near-term growth potential. The Company has a tremendous record of retaining contributors over its 21-year history. Rates vary based on experience and location.