TrustedReviews, Staff Writer
TrustedReviews is a highly regarded reviews platform founded in 2004, which provides its readers with thorough, unbiased and independent advice on which consumer products to buy, from domestic appliances to mobile phones.
A fantastic opportunity has opened at TrustedReviews for an eager-to-learn individual looking to kick-start their career in journalism, or someone who already has some journalistic experience, to join the team as Staff Writer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s premiere review sites. As staff writer you will be responsible for writing reviews and features across all the site’s core categories (mobile, computing, TV and audio, homes, camera and gaming).
Trusted Reviews is a globally recognised brand with the team assessing over 1,000 products a year, making us one of the most influential reviews websites in the UK.
What you will be doing
The staff writer will work with the site’s editors to produce reviews, news and feature articles covering everything from mobile phones to high end audio equipment. They will also be expected to attend and cover launch events and present videos for the site and its associated social channels, including Youtube. Each day will bring with it a new opportunity to try the latest and greatest products to pass through Trusted Labs and receive on the job training by some of the UK’s biggest journalists and product experts.
You will be:
- Working closely with the editor and deputy editor to produce audience-winning reviews and features.
- Helping to ensure rumours pages, best-of guides, reviews and other features are up-to-date.
- Group testing products for new best ofs and updates.
- Thinking of new growth areas and ways to improve and differentiate output and grow homepage and social readership.
- Regularly presenting video.
- Writing and publishing reviews and features on a daily basis.
- Updating hero pages buying guides on a weekly schedule.
Here are some of the perks that come with this role:
- Training by industry leading writers and editors.
- International travel opportunities.
- The chance to cover some of the tech industry's biggest events.
What we value
- University degree (desirable) or equivalent experience.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic.
- Interest in tech.
- Ability to write quickly, accurately and to short deadlines.
- Multimedia/video experience desirable.
- Experience writing about technology is desirable.
- Knowledge of social media is desirable.
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at TrustedReviews, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training.
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Remote working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan
- Life assurance
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)