Newsweek, Personal Finance Reporter (SEO)
Newsweek is looking for a Personal Finance Reporter to join their SEO editorial team.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing about personal finance, money or business.
We are looking for a versatile journalist to cover topics including mortgages, student loans, savings, retirement, debt, personal wealth, investing, cryptocurrency, budgeting and more.
A typical day will see you writing search based features and responding to emerging trends as they happen. We want a reporter who can pitch fresh ideas, engage our U.S. audience and make complex subjects relatable.
They will understand the needs of a fast-paced digital newsroom: Hitting the phone for comments and writing clean, accurate copy to short deadlines.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London Canary Wharf office or remotely from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Pitch and write several stories each day based on search trends
- Research and write original stories and features
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Experience covering money
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Google Trends
- Experience of internal link-building and other SEO tasks