The Times and Sunday Times, Imaging assistant (maternity cover)
5 days left
- Full Time
The Times is looking for an imaging assistant to join the picture department for a one-year maternity cover contract.
The successful candidate will create outstanding picture packages across all news sections of The Times. They will be part of the photo-retouching team and will work closely with the imaging manager, as well as picture editors and designers, to deliver consistently visually compelling editions.
You will be a highly organised individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to demonstrate expert skills in Adobe Photoshop, visual creativity and an interest in photography as well as an understanding of usage rights and copyright.
Apply with a covering letter and your CV by June 21
- Able to translate and execute an imaging brief successfully and to deadline
- Help to create outstanding picture packages in print and digital
- Following current affairs and culture and understanding the paper’s perspective
- Manage good working relationships with editors and production colleagues
- Be at the forefront of emerging technologies and understand their relevance
Skills and experience
- Expert photo-retouching skills
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- A qualification or strong experience in journalism or photography
- An understanding of usage rights and copyright
- Experience working in the media at a newspaper, magazine or website or for a picture agency
- Experience establishing strong working relationships and building credibility with senior managers
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Highly organised and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.