The Times and Sunday Times, Engagement journalist
This job will involve running digital journalism projects across both the Times and Sunday Times newsrooms to serve our less represented audiences, with a focus on young female readers. The successful candidate will be skilled at audience-first journalism, with an ability to research and conceive original ideas.
Alongside this, you will elicit stories and anecdotes from our readers and will curate the comments on online articles. You will work as part of an engagement journalism team to ensure our reader engagement remains at the highest possible standard.
- An interest in driving online engagement with news
- Conceiving, writing and pitching stories to engage readers
- Confidence to communicate with journalists and senior editors across the newsroom
- Ability to pull editorial insights from data, understanding various platform-specific metrics to inform decisions
This job is for you if
- You have a minimum of one year working in a similar role
- You thrive under pressure and can work to tight deadlines while maintaining high standards
- You have excellent attention to detail even when working under pressure
- You are passionate about digital journalism and new ways of engaging with existing readers
- You have lots of ideas and the organisational skills to execute them
- You can work well independently or as part of a team
- You enjoy keeping up to date with social trends and researching emerging platforms
Apply with a covering letter and your CV by June 21.
To apply you must have the right to work in the UK.
About the digital team
The Times and The Sunday Times represent a combined 400 years of covering news and providing comment and analysis in the UK and the world.
We are authoritative, credible, responsible, trusted and a part of the nation’s cultural heritage.
This role will join our cross-title digital strategy team, which includes data journalists, newsroom developers, multimedia journalists, interactive news producers and audience development experts. This team is charged with finding and telling stories on our digital platforms in the most appropriate formats and empowering the newsroom to present stories in new and innovative ways.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.