Incisive Works, Junior Content Strategist - Financial Services Content
A truly exceptional opportunity for an ambitious writer looking to extend their skills in content creation, design, and marketing. Reports to Head of Financial Content.
Incisive Media is an award-winning publisher and events company, serving a wide range of financial, business technology and professional services markets. An entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services, and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
Incisive Works is the content and performance marketing arm of Incisive Media. Working across our three divisions, we develop ideas, write and design content projects across print, digital and video on behalf of clients.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a junior content strategist to work on projects for our financial services brands and clients, which range from asset/wealth managers, pensions trustees and consultants, and financial advisers to name a few. The role of a junior content strategist is incredibly varied and exciting: it involves working with clients to help them define their content needs and deliver bespoke projects – be it editorial-style articles for magazines or digital guides, copywriting for websites or infographic-based content, research survey reports and whitepapers, or even storyboarding content for videos and podcasts.
Salary Up to £40,000, plus Bonus
Type of employment: Full Time
Industry: Media / Publishing / Events
Function: Incisive Works
Location: London, Covent Garden
Required: Permission to work in the UK
There really is no limit on the type of content we produce, and content strategists are at the heart of it all: managing the end-to-end delivery of a content solution, from developing the initial idea to writing and editing, and finally, its eventual launch.
In this role, the junior content strategist will be supported by a 10+ strong team of former journalists, editors, designers, video and marketing specialists that make up the Incisive Works team. They will be offered autonomy to own the content creation process and carve out a project manager-style role for themselves in this hybrid journalism/marketing world of content creation.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Developing content solutions and marketing strategies for our financial clients – fund managers, wealth managers, financial advisers, pension trustees & consultants
- Develop interesting, engaging thought leadership content. This will vary depending on the project, but may include: researching specific areas of the market, interviewing market experts, writing up long and short form content for print and digital mediums, storyboarding videos/podcasts
- Editing/proofreading content in print and online
- Work alongside our team of designers to help them create unique, engaging and innovatively designed content that resonates with the end users
- Manage projects on a day-to day basis alongside client relationships. A key part of this job is ensuring we build strong relationships with the people we work with over the course of a project
What we value
At its core, this role is about storytelling and creative ideas, so we are looking for someone who is inquisitive and able to generate high-quality, engaging ideas about investment markets.
Specifically, they must be a good writer, with a background in journalism/copywriting or similar. They must also be able to proofread and/or edit to a good level, both of their own work and that of their peers. A keen eye for design is also key.
Due to the nature of the subject matter and the B2B (ie; non-consumer) audience we work with, the ideal candidate will have at the very least a basic/good knowledge of business/economics and the investment landscape.
And whilst some marketing experience would be a bonus, this is not a necessity and we will consider good writers without this.
Finally, we want a great team player with an excellent work ethic – our commitment to high standards is reflected in the quality of our work and we work hard as a team to achieve this.
How to apply
Click APPLY NOW to visit our site.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by 1 every year after 3 full years service (capped at 30 days)
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension plan
- Free eye tests
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, and many more!