PA Media Group, Picture Editor
Are you passionate about photography? We are looking for a Picture Editor to join the PA Media photos team and be a crucial part of the agency’s output.
The successful candidate will select, edit and add metadata to images produced by PA staff and freelance photographers to supply our customers in print, on-line and through our syndication team.
What you’ll be doing …
- Editing and transmitting the must-see news, sports, and entertainment pictures taken by our team of award-winning photographers at the top events of the day.
- Monitoring stories and briefing photographers to make sure that the team gets the most from every assignment we cover.
- Writing fast, accurate captions and making daily postings of images on Social Media including PA’s Instagram and Twitter.
- Illustrating stories with pictures from our archive.
Do you have?
- An interest in photography and an A-to-Z knowledge of sport, showbiz or current affairs
- A professional Adobe Photoshop qualification or evidence of use in previous employment.
- Experience of using Photo Mechanic or other image metadata software.
- First-class written English, knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice and media law.
- The ability to inspire photographers to add creativity to their assignments.
- The ability to react and adapt to breaking news stories and events as well as to anticipate and plan future coverage.
Based in our London office, the shift pattern includes regular evening and weekend working.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.
Please click APPLY and provide a CV, covering letter and submissions of any relevant supporting material to demonstrate your work.
To find out more about working with us, search #151Reasons on LinkedIn or check out our Life page,