Which?, Content Editor (Cars, Home and Technology)
Department: Reviews and Advice Content Strategy
Location: London but initially remote working
Job type: Permanent
Content editor: Cars, home and technology content
Are you an experienced print and digital editor? We're searching for an outstanding individual to join Which? to lead on commissioning and editing reviews, news and advice on cars, as well as editing our once-a-year car magazine that goes out across our Which? membership. You'll also be responsible for editing other key content areas to support our home and technology team.
What you'll be doing
Reporting into the senior editor and working closely with the wider editorial team, you will help to set the direction and lead delivery of first class content across a range of topics. Your week will be split between commissioning cars content and taking responsibility for other key content areas, depending on experience and business needs. You'll work predominantly on digital content on Which.co.uk, but there will also be regular opportunities to commission and edit content for our flagship magazine Which?, which has more than 500,000 subscribers. You'll also be the editor of our once-a-year car magazine.
You'll be brimming with ideas on how to improve and extend the content that Which? offers and how we better engage and retain our audiences, which incorporates both loyal paying subscribers as well as a sizable free-accessing audience. You'll develop and maintain a high level of editorial expertise, and use this to drive improvements to our content against the organisation's commercial KPIs, not-for-profit mission and editorial processes.
You'll commission and edit high volumes of reviews, news and advice content, and continually interrogate the performance of existing digital content to ensure it continues to engage and inspire new and existing readers alike by making continual improvements.
As well as commissioning and editing content, you'll collaborate with colleagues across the wider organisation to improve our content experience, so excellent collaboration and influencing skills, along with a desire to lead, are a must.
What we're looking for
You'll work predominantly on digital reviews and advice content on Which.co.uk, so significant digital content experience is a must - from understanding how to interpret analytics, to creating search and conversion optimised content. Perhaps your background is a digital savvy journalist/editor, or you are an experienced content manager looking for a change of pace and emphasis. If your experience is in product reviews, even better.
But we also need someone who has print experience at a senior level, who is able to lead our team of contributors, design and production to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of our once-a-year cars magazine.
- Exceptional and proven commissioning, editing and writing skills, both print and digital
- Track record of successfully editing and commissioning high quality, high reach content for consumer audiences across digital channels (print experience also necessary)
- Ability to inspire, organise and set clear direction for others
- Passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for relevant lifestyle topics and able to demonstrate affinity with the Which? audience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and keep a lot of plates spinning in an editorial team that oversees more than 8,000 product reviews and recommendations a year!
- A numerate, analytical mind with a sharp eye for detail.
- Excellent insight into consumer needs and desires, driven by a strong understanding of SEO, market intelligence, and data analytics
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and content management systems
- Affinity and enthusiasm for Which?'s not-for-profit mission: campaigning for better consumer outcomes on behalf of all UK consumers.
What we'll give you in return
We're currently working remotely as an organisation and will be testing out hybrid working once we return to our central London office. When we're back in the office you'll find it modern, relaxed and friendly.
Which? employees also get 28 days holiday a year, a generous pension scheme, subsidised private medical insurance and a number of other benefits.
If this sounds like your ideal next role, then we want to hear from you! Click APPLY and let us know what makes you stand out from the crowd by sending us a covering letter and your CV. Applications open until 25 June 2021.
At Which? we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, social economic background etc. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers. We want to ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes, and therefore when required we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
We’re committed to making sure our application process is accessible to everyone who would like to apply for any of our vacancies! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need us to provide an alternative application method to support your accessibility needs.