Future, Junior News Editor
Junior News Editor, Woman&home.com (+Lifestyle brands)
The job holder will be responsible for writing and editing digital news content for our fast paced Women's Lifestyle brands.
This content will primarily be concerned with increasing scale through informative and unique news gathering as well as coming up with angles that can be monetized through affiliate links. The content will need to be compelling, relevant, unique and search-targeted with the aim of driving digital scale. This roles includes involvement in content commissioning, editing and deputising for the Digital News Editor when needed.
- Pitch and write six news stories a day, as approved by Editors
- Commission, improve, optimise and edit the news content based on rankings analysis to ensure maximum visibility
- Work as part of a dedicated team providing this content at greater intensity over key peak trading events such as Black Friday
- Work closely with the various stakeholders to come up with ideas on how to monetize news
- Report on and monitor the performance of news stories
- Liaise closely with the UK-based ecommerce expertise in the business to optimise our revenues
- Liaise closely with the UK news team to ensure we best cover international news at all times throughout the day
- Be prepared to work flexibly on a shift basis
- Relentlessly pursue growth in audience for news and rises in those rankings
- Ensure all content produced is on brand and adheres to SEO and legal guidelines
- Coordinate and action search targeted reactive news features
- First-rate SEO expertise and be able to apply it to our content
- Passionate about the market and able to display expertise in news gathering
- Exceptional editing and writing skills – a natural copywriter, from the ability to write snappy headlines to tight grammar control, through to the ability to choose just the right image to draw people in.
- Self-motivation. A combination of remote working and high expectations mean that you’ll need to drive yourself forward a lot.
- A ruthless approach to success – you’ll be able to combine coming up with transformative ideas with a determined approach to ensure they are delivered
- You’ll have a passion for the data side of news writing and closely monitor and interpret performance and trends
- A great communicator – both with the industry and the wider Future team.
- Good contacts in the industry to secure exclusive news content before it breaks
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.