Vogue Business, Managing Editor (12 mo. FTC)
Condé Nast HQ: Managing Editor, Vogue Business (12 Month Maternity Cover)
Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in London and New York, and operates in 32 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico & Latin America, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K. and the U.S., with local license partners across the globe.
The managing editor will provide the bedrock of the Vogue Business team, managing workflows, editorial budgets and forecasts, staffing, training, rights and legal matters and overseeing all areas of editorial management.
The role requires the ability to anticipate and provide solutions for potential problems before they arise. They will be an exceptional mentor and motivator, be fazed by nothing and able to solve problems of all sizes calmly and efficiently.
The position of managing editor will report into the Editorial Director of Vogue Business, and be based in London.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the Editorial Director and editorial team across all areas.
- To manage the workflow including editorial, design and data visualisation of the Vogue Business team’s newsletters, podcasts, events, Index and other editorial output, ensuring production is met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain financial control of all editorial and content costs for the Vogue Business team.
- Work with local market teams to ensure there is no duplication of expenditure.
- Develop and implement editorial training programmes, including legal processes and ethics.
- Work with local market editors and Vogue Business to implement internal rotations and secondments for training, sharing of best practice and bonding as a peer group.
- Lead on recruitment within the team to ensure positions are filled with minimal delay, using a transparent process.
- Work with rights management and editorial business management teams in our markets and centrally within CN to ensure adherence to best practice around commissioning and the acquisition of content.
- Provide a first line support for legal advice, checking copy and liaising with lawyers where required.
- Set-up and maintain a talent list of freelance editors and staff to meet the ad hoc needs of the Vogue International team and any special projects that may be undertaken.
- Recruit and line manage the editorial team based in London.
- Promote diversity within the Vogue Business team and recruitment
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience in a digital leadership role in a multi-national publishing company.
- A meticulous eye for detail.
- Diplomacy and discretion.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of copyright law and its digital expression.
- Highly numerate - able to create and manage editorial budgets and finance reports.
- Significant experience of editorial recruitment, team management and development.
- Being bi-lingual is advantageous, preferably English plus French, Spanish or Mandarin.
- A can-do attitude to meet the shifting needs of a fast-growing publication.
Click 'APPLY' now.